Saturday, June 24, 2017

FLANGER- ModTone MTM-FL mini Flanger

  ModTone MTM-FL Mini Flanger                                                    

$50.00 USD 


Mod Tone has been all over the map. They started out in 2007 as a little guy Gourmet pedal maker. Teamed up later with a Chinese maker Bellcat ( a product manufacturer..that makes dependable glossy well built junk for the Mom & Pop small stores)
That did not go well so they went independent again.
I have found it hard to get all the info ...in fact I even suspect they may have gone bust!
There original product was in the standard B size box.
They then added the larger 'Piece of Pizza' box.
Most recently the Mini 'pie' box models took center stage. I get the buzz ...that the quality of sound of their pedals could range from crap to crowning.

I believe getting a great Flanger sound is either tough or 
the buyers would rather have a Chorus or Phaser...as there are so few choices ...at least so few in the serious mini category.

This is a little gem. It has it's own sound though it reminds me of the EH Electric Mistress as it has those incredible cutting highs ...but unfortunately the renown EH drop outs too. LOL.
The goofy looking box is a good quality aluminum alloy. I confess... I quite like it.
If I had the room I would keep the re branded Rowin/Mooer I have on order and add this and have 2 Flangers.


So considering the typical ModTone pedal is in the $30.00 USD to $50.00 USD range.
and this is getting priced at as much as $125.00 USD on E bay & Amazon I have to wonder what's going on????
Musician's Friend ...a reasonably serious on-line store has it listed but also discontinued?
It is looking like the biz itself is DISCONTINUED.


Well no matter what the price of the seller...when the shipping is added the price ends up being just shy of $125.00 USD

If you live where a bricks and store sells them you might find one still left in stock for $50.00 USD




No comments:

Post a Comment