Friday, September 15, 2017

TREBLE BOOSTER- Ananashead's VOX 806 ...1966 reproduction....the sound of Roger Mcguinn and Tom Petty

 ANANASHEAD'S-VOX V806  1966 TREBLE BOOSTER 




The original V806 plugged right into the amp.
This is Tom Petty and Roger Mcguinn's secret
weapon. It is how they get all that 'jangle' from
their Rickenbacher.
It sells on line used for up to $500.00 USD and is hard to find.
NO ONE MAKES A CLONE!!!


But our buddy Pedro Garcia over at Ananashead ....the maestro of the perfect reproduction pedals does custom work.
Soooo I had him make me one.
When it arrives I will do the whole review.
Right now we have the pics.
There is a vid of the original. Check it out.

Check out the point to point hand wiring! >>>

I can not wait to try it!!!

Pedro? This guy is all about making the very best pedals he possibly can. If only a few guys need a pedal he keeps it stripped down to a plain box so
he can afford the time it takes to wire it by hand.
No one who needs a sound that no one makes any more goes without.
So don't blow off your foot. One day you just might need him. I do!!!

Built in a sensible mini pedal.


TOM PETTY 1950 to 2017
...sad ...in fact for me a total bummer
a guy who never cared about fame or fortune just the music
a total F. ing bummer

_____


MY HANDS ON REVIEW
So I have had my pedal for a few weeks.
So let me give you the details.
It is noticeably better than the EH Screaming Tree ...the EH is harsh and the Vox is beautiful and sweet. They equally hit the right spot for my 12 string pedal and my Strat to work together ...but the 'sweet' vibe of the vox makes a lot of difference.
One unexpected thing I found if I do a lead on the Strat with a medium gain Plexi on I get a very passable Brian May/Queen sound.
How cool is that!!!

WOW! ...and I have the only one in the world! 

UPDATE MARCH ...the dating on the schematic is old enough to look authentic but it is not have info on it tying it into VOX. Pedro finally got another schematic and a picture of the circuit of the pedal. One of the parts of my pedal is NOT authentic. Not only will this be corrected Pedro has accumulated the new old stock part. Waiting is wise!!! lol






THE GOOD NEWS ...THE BAD NEWS ...THE NEW NEWS!!!!


I have been bombarded by inquiries of how to get one.The problem is PRICE! Pedro likes to keep them low.


3 cheers for Pedro.


 BUT making things by hand takes hours of detailed work and even worse in this case the right parts are not cheap. The sweetness in the sound is requires the  EXACT PARTS. Electro-Harmonix is the only alternative...and mines for sale.


So the costs at this point dictate selling it for $150.00 USD but Pedro feels this is out of reach for some of you guys that really need one.


Pedro makes a living ...BUT JUST!!!


He is very sensitive to you guys that you too do not have a penny to waste!!! So keep in mind this is a stellar pedal that can turn your guitar into a stunning alternative to a great substitute for an acoustic or turn your OD into Brian May type sound using the guitar and amp you already own!



SO HANG IN JUST A BIT LONGER ...He is busting his butt to finding a parts supplier that will do him a deal.

ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE ...WHEN PEDRO MAKES A PEDAL IT IS THE SONIC EQUIVALENT TO AN AUDIO OIL PAINTING NOT LIKE THE BIG BOYS WHO GIVE YOU A SONIC PHOTOGRAPH
IF YOU FIND A SONIC PHOTOGRAPH IS GOOD ENOUGH ...THEN MOVE ON

BUT YOU DO NOT! ...DO YOU?








_________________________________________________________________



THE SUPER FUZZ


One last thing I discovered Ananashead when I went searching for a clone of Townsends Live at Leeds pedal... the UNIVOX SUPERFUZZ.
There are many but the Ananashead stood out big time. This classic fuzz has a lot of unruly rough edges. Details details. All the other pedals smoothed out what they thought were bugs in the pedal.
WRONG!!!!
All but ...you guessed it. After I got my pedal it I found it sooooo good that I found a few months later I was never using a 'famous fuzz that I paid $400.00 for. Yes it took an exit on Reverb.LOL

So check out the post. If you like a fuzz AND DON'T BUY THIS...all I can say is....WHAT THE F@CK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! ....LOL LOL LOL
At $85.00 USD... what have you got to loose!!!!



There is now a Deluxe SUPER FUZZ V2




I will have to review this one.  If it is anything like the New Sustainer Civil War....it should be scary!!! At $130.00 USD... still Supercheap!!

SEE THE NEW POST!      FUZZ- ANANASHEAD SUPERFUZZ V2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the Post for the.........ANANASHEAD
SUSTAINER CIVIL WAR
Sovtek Muff










No comments:

Post a Comment