Sunday, November 19, 2017

OVERDRIVE- MENATONE Mena Watt ...HIWATT stack-in-a-box

MENATONE MENA WATT 

The Mena Tone is Brian Mena's take on a 
60's /70s HI WATT. The sound of the Who at 'Live at Leeds' still considered one of the best live albums ever.
The Mena Watt has one of the heaviest solid low ends of any pedal on the planet. This thing has Balz big time.
At the time everyone followed the lead and dumped their Marshall Plexi for the clearer voice of the HI WATT.
The HI WATT was in effect the first ever gourmet Marshall.
All the parts were audiophile and it had a negative feedback circuit to get rid of speaker distortion.This made it sound fuller.


Please go to the Menatone site for some great sound samples as the only video although excellent was taken down by the the guy that posted it.


                                                                                                       

2 comments:

  1. Hey Paul, I just discovered your blog and I love it!! Thanks and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks
    check it out at least once a week...It is unusual not to have 2 or 3 new things.
    I search the whole world for the very best stuff. It has to be on my first impression at least an 8 out of 10 or I will not post it. I will not waste your time with crap. If it is a 10. I will probably buy it and do a hands on review. Then if it does not cut it. I Reverb it. LOl
    Just like you I do not get special prices. I also as you see buy my own.
    I have no advertising either. I refuse to be bought!
    I actually heard a guy on a blog conclude on a bad pedal."this would not suit everyone" LOl
    On my site I would have said "this pedal is a piece of SH_T!!!
    There are 48,800 of us...no lets make that 48,001 and speaking for everyone WELCOME your with that many friends!!!

    ReplyDelete