Saturday, November 18, 2017

OVERDRIVE- MR BLACK PEDALS JDS-50 OD ....AC/DC in a box!!!..

$180.00 USD
MR BLACK
PEDALS
JDS-50
OVERDRIVE

The pedal does a very good 100 watt Super Lead Plexi that has the level and the tone controls flat across around 4 and the guitar plugged into the bright channel.

You can push it harder but the sweet spot will
sound like the above set up.


With a hummy you get a very good AC/DC Angus Young sound.

Not a bad sound at all! I think it would stack well too.

Hell the damn sound of the pedal stuck in my head for days. I do not think it is better then
the Menatone Menawatt or the Rothwell Tornado ...they all have a steel string glassy sound. Most OD go for a very warm sound but I love to hear those steel strings come slashing thru.
I love both kinds of sound. LOL
But very few of the kind of sound these pedals make are available.It is ironic that I recently found three.

OK I gave in with 3 great pedals bombarding me with similar sounds I had to have one.
With all my OD's it is always best to get a sound that I do not have and better still will suit the kind of voice that a tune I will write or have written needs.
The key thing is that the attack on this pedal is percussive and has an amazing transient response. In short there is zero delay from hitting the string and hearing it.
No I am not saying you, I or anyone else hears a delay on a great OD ...but we actually do. The result is the attack is softer...it will tend to actually sound like just for a split second we had our high end turned way, way down even thought rest of the sound after it may be quite bright.
THIS GUYS is the main selling point of this pedal.
Now put on the vid and listen for it!!!

So my pedal has arrived ...it is as good as the video makes it appear to be.
My review above has nailed it.
Another pleasant surprise it also does a spot on  Hendrix clean sound. My radio had on Little Wing... a live version to commemorate the tune being 60 years old. Ouch!!
If I did not know better I would think I was hearing the  Mr. Black!   How cool is that.
Sometimes clean is too clean for a part and no mater how clean or transparent an OD you have it is too much.
This kind of thing happens a lot . YES???
Well you can transfer an acoustic guitar part to an electric then put it thru this pedal and without changing your parts or your technique it will give you a clear and clean sounding tune but with a thick rich powerful sound.
This is a 'must have pedal' for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment