Sunday, December 17, 2017

OVERDRIVE-L'CLD I [Caruleum Light Drive] Designed by Shun Nokina (Leqtique) ...Made in Japan!!!


$110.00 USD
TOTAL STEAL!!!
   L'CLD CARULEUM LIGHT DRIVE Made by Leqtique  

...first things first THE DAMN THING IS A MIND BLOWER!!!

I spent hours trying to find this pedal. Stores in Japan with nothing in English had it. But they did not have any way to
communicate how to buy it and ship it.
I did finally find a store that had a few L' pedals and sells internationally so they had an English language tab on their stight ... Blue Guitars. There are 7 OD pedals in the series. Blue Guitars has 4.But not this one!

So it sounds as good as it looks.
The crispest cleanest most transparent OD on the planet
the Definition and Low-Cut knobs can make magic.
It is a very unique pedal!!!
The price in Yen 12019...just short of $110.00 USD.
It has the sound It has a great look
It is 'Made In Japan'
It reeks of quality.
It has a stupidly low price!!!!

Will I buy one...?
Will I find one...?

Maybe ...I wrote to Blue Guitars
and I told them about 'us'. They have
7 other OD's in the series.
All are based off of larger $400.00 USD pedals
ALL sound impressive...all have the same price too.
Yes...come back I may get the 'right' answer.

3 comments:

  1. If anyone out there knows where to get one give all of us a 'heads up'
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some have appeared on Reverb, search for 'leqtique 2017 cld'

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I recently bought one of these online and just thought I would post some words of caution about them.. The CLD has a bizarre function in that at 9v it doesn't work properly, you have to strum hard to activate the 'gate' of the circuit..At first I thought I had a dud unit, and unfortunately I bought it from 'worldshopping', a mail forwarder who are not replying to my requests for a replacement...I concur, so with 9volts, and I have tried it on its own and in a chain on my OneSpot, the pedal sounds broken - initially doesn't respond to stomp OR makes a crackly sound and takes about 5-10 strums before it 'starts'! I thought maybe the stomp had carked it..apparently this is how it's designed, the pedal will only 'activate' upon HARD strumming, so don't expect to automatically get that boost when you stomp on it.. Apparently it works 'properly' at 18volt! I found the build quality quite chintzy, the paint job is crap and when I receive the pedal it has dislodged from it's fancy box and there were some slight paint chips..A reply email states '@leqtique.ch' which tells me these pedals are made cheap in China NOT Japan, that was disappointing, especially since with postage this costed me about $220AU - more expensive than a quality pedals like an EP boost..! When the thing works it DOES sound quite nice, sort of like a Tubescreamer, not a massive boost, but sounds really nice on single coils.

    ReplyDelete