Sunday, December 24, 2017

OVERDRIVE- MASTERBUILT AMPLIFICATION Stone Groove TUBE OVERDIVE

 MASTERBUILT AMPLIFICATION STONE GROOVE TUBE OVERDRIVE 

$349.00 USD
(on sale $199.00 USD)
Another serious tube OD. This time we have both level and gain.
A very classic Marshall type voicing.
Not hard to take.
My only concern is that many tube pedals are not designed to actually use the tube for the voicing. It ends up being a transister drive with a light bulb.
Lightning Boy Audio Knob goes thru a lot of trouble explaining the how and why they use a very high voltage.
Well it does in fact use NOS MOSFET transistors.
Still this pedal has a shearing metallic quality you do not hear with transistors. The sound is very convincing.
I have been looking for just the sound this puts out when the gain is pulled back. Check out the chord work between 6:10 & 6:20 on the first video where the gain is set at 10 o'clock. You get a nice light medium gain. It has a very high definition and zero fizz.I was sold!!!I love the '20's ART DECO look too. Well... I pushed my luck...I bought one.The sale price is amazing!!! Even for a hybrid.




Jan.29/18
My pedal arrived. Impressive. 
I set it up to just hit some crunch then backed it off.
This will be my clean sound.
The pick attack has great dynamics ...the notes have a very nice compression that just slightly blooms.
chords just sparkle. I then went one after another with my OD's. Everyone sounded great.
The only fault I could find is it takes over the OD with its characteristics. In short the OD's sound great but they all sounded too much alike. With a lot of tweaking I got each one back.

If you have a solid state amp this pedal will blow your mind. Just be sitting down when you try it. LOL

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I've had a ton of overdrives and I can tell ya everyone with a tube had a fatter sound with more punch and dynamics. Saying a tube doesn't matter is an old wives tale. Just sayin

    ReplyDelete