Saturday, February 3, 2018

HISTORY LONDON 60's-70's THE FENDER SOUND HOUSE-The Seymour Duncan Interview

HISTORY
I lived in London just after Duncan left I frequented the Fender Sound House. At this time near by you could visit the Orange Amps store ...yes ...they had there own store and sold 90% of their amps from it.

The Fender Sound House was a huge store with a large mezzanine over the second floor with a large round coffee bar and a big magazine rack beside it.
You could often meet not yet famous players here from bands playing the same clubs as 'All' the famous Brit bands and talk gear. This is the store Seymour Duncan got his start.



The Fender Sound House Building from the 60's 70's


As for me I shopped at Selmer because they had great deals on used gear like Marshall amps.
Steve Howe of Yes ...was a regular customer.
A really nice guy too.
It catered to mostly Jazz Players as they had all the Sax and horn product.


I got a PLEXI 50 watt head there for about $350.00 USD in mint condition.
Marshall have just brought out a NEW Plexi 50 watt!!!

NEW PLEXI

The ORIGIN 50H
at $650.00 USD ...I already have one on order!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment